Friday, February 26, 2016

Do I have To Floss My Veneers?




A veneer is a thin covering that goes over your teeth. It can help to restore your smile back to a healthy and beautiful one you love to show off. When veneers are applied correctly they can help to reshape your smile and cover up discoloration. Dr. Rice states, “Veneers are adhered to the front of your teeth and replace thinner enamel that has worn down over time.”

Having veneers though does not dismiss your need to brush and floss. Once you have veneers in place, in order to keep them healthy it will be important for you to maintain a regular dental routine of brushing 2x a day, flossing 1x a day and continuing to visit your dentist on a regular basis. Veneers do not protect your gums, and in order to make sure your smile stays healthy looking, the only way to remove food from around your veneers is to floss.

When flossing you will want to do some research and find floss that easily glides between your teeth. Some of your teeth may be closer together and it may be tough to get floss in between, utilizing wax floss can help with this. If this does not work, there are other options such as a water pic. The choice you make isn’t important, it is just important to floss.

For more information on how to floss veneers or for recommendations on floss contact Dr. Denine Rice & her team today

4 comments:

  1. Great article! You shared a great post on flossing the teeth and veneers as well. My dentist Hermosa Beach also suggested to floss my teeth regularly. I regularly do flossing and brush my teeth twice a day and my dental problems are negligible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. Beau

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for picking out the time to discuss this, I feel great about it and love studying more on this topic. It is extremely helpful for me. Thanks for such a valuable help again. Conner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should you use mouthwash if you have veneers? Like will the mouthwash stain veneers? If so what is the best one to use?

    ReplyDelete